Turns out I didn’t have to look very hard to figure out how to import the pictures. I sort of feel like an idiot…. Oh well. Here are some picture-y goodness:
Here is a very small incomplete picture of the pattern I used (I want to encourage you to go buy the book, not infringe on someone’s publication). I loved the simplicity of this pattern, the others were also gorgeous, but I am still new to corset-making, so while I know HOW to insert gussets, they still make me a bit nervous in corsets.
Here is my drafting of the pattern, exactly as it is written. I like to make my changes to any patterns after I do my muslin. I alter patterns all the time (both in knitting and sewing) but I like to honor the pattern maker, so unless I have my own vision for what it will be (like my Tardis Boloro, that will be all me) I like to see what it looks like before just changing things willy-nilly.
These are the drafted corset. (Yes, I used shoe string to tie it up, that’s what I had on hand) I don’t know how well you can see in these pictures, but the waist is too high, the bust comes down too low, the hips are too high, and yes I am wearing a pair of sweatpants. 🙂
So my next task is to draft out the pattern with the extended waist line. The hips, I think are just fine, and the bust when pulled up is also looking to be right (It was hard to tell, as the corset waist was pulling a bit when I pulled it up to check the bustline). This does have the boning in it, as you can tell from that side view, so I think that once I change the waistline, it’ll fit much better.
I have to head off to work in half an hour, but maybe I’ll have a fully drafted pattern by then!