I’m not new at this, I swear! So why did I just spend a frustrating half hour of my life searching for an error in a pattern that doesn’t exist?
I’m making it in a xs, and I just spent an ungodly amount of time searching for an error that only existed in my head. I saw that after the yoke I needed 260 stitches. I had that. Then after putting the sleeves on placeholders, I needed 170. Ok, but that wasn’t working!! Then I realized my problem. I had 53 each for the arms, and the 77 for the front and back and I couldn’t figure out where the 16 for the CO on the underarms came from!!
Then I realized my mistake. I’ve been knitting for over 15 years, and I was reading CO as Cast off, not Cast on….. I still can’t believe I did that. It’s worthy of bashing my head against the wall.
Just to prove that I’m not as dumb as I seem, I got my final grades back for this round of classes. Two B’s and two A’s. My final test grades were, 100, 92, 84, and 80. The 100 was in Art History, and the 92 was in pre-calculus. I got an A in pre-cal, and yet I can’t figure out how 77×2 + 16 = 170.
If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go sulk now.